White sand shores along the Florida Keys’ coral cay archipelago are what dream vacations are made of. The 125-mile-long island chain extends south of Miami in a gentle arc capped off by Key West, a popular cruise ship stop with air connectivity via Key West International Airport (EYW). But the Keys islands also make an ideal setting for mid-size meetings and corporate retreats with a dash of fun in the sun. Have your next meeting in paradise with these eight island resorts and tropical meeting facilities.
1. Ocean Reef Club features 36 holes of golf, meeting space, more than a dozen restaurants, a 175-slip marina and private airport. There is 30,000 sq. ft. of indoor function space in addition to a new 5,688-square-foot ballroom, five meeting rooms and a covered patio in the new Carysfort Hall.
2. Key Largo’s Playa Largo Resort opens next month with 167 luxury guest rooms, 10 private bungalows and a private beach house. The 14.5-acre property will feature more than 39,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Other amenities include a resort pool, private cabanas, spa and fitness facilities.
3. Pelican Cove Resort boasts 63 newly renovated guest rooms and suites in Islamorada. The property’s meeting room is perfect for small groups with conference-style seating for 12 people. The resort also offers a variety of corporate team-building activities.
4. Amara Cay Resort is another renovated gem on Islamorada that offers 110 guest rooms and a private beach. It has a meeting room that can accommodate up to 50 people and a boardroom that can hold up to 14 people. Resort activities include beachfront tented dinners, fishing trip picnics and barbecues.
5. Located in the city of Marathon, Faro Blanco Resort and Yacht Club has 125 upscale rooms and suites, a full-service 74-slip marina and a yacht club. It also features a fitness center and a waterfront restaurant and outdoor bar. The resort has three meeting rooms totaling 1,800 sq. ft. and 9,500 sq. ft. of outdoor lawn space.
6. The Florida Keys Country Club is also in Marathon and is a premier golf and tennis facility in a country club setting spread across more than 139 acres. It has some of the largest meeting space in the Middle Keys with more than 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor event space.
7. The Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys is a newly opened hotel with 95 contemporary guest rooms and 1,100 sq. ft. of meeting space. Hotel amenities include infinity and spa pools, a fitness center and two dining options.
8. In Key West, The Marker Waterfront Resort is located on 2 acres of tropical gardens. It has 96 guest rooms and 1,400 sq. ft. of meeting space. The resort also offers three swimming pools, a dining venue and oceanfront views.