2020 Press Releases
SMART MEETINGS LAUNCHES SMART U BOOSTING BRIGHT FUTURES
Smart Meetings and Event Leadership Institute Make Partnership Official
Sausalito, California: Smart Meetings proudly announced today the launch of Smart U, a collection of expert-taught classes for Meeting Professionals, created from a joint partnership with Event Leadership Institute (ELI).
This partnership will provide the Smart Meetings community with an enhanced opportunity to expand their professional learning and development skills.
“Smart Meetings is constantly striving to find innovative ways to keep our meetings and events professionals informed with the latest industry news and competitive within the industry. With the launch of Smart U, we can now provide over 180 on-demand classes and webinars. We felt the Event Leadership Institute was the perfect partner to provide high-caliber professional education that would complement our well-established magazine, website, and exclusive networking experiences,” says Marin Bright, CEO at Smart Meetings.
“Given our current climate, we’re seeing that now more than ever people are seeking out ways to increase their professional development. We’re so excited to team up with Smart Meetings to provide people a way to invest in their futures,” said Howard Givner, CEO of Event Leadership Institute. “With more than 180 curated educational videos in ELI’s Netflix-style library, it’s tailor-made for the current WFH situation. And for those seeking more structure, ELI offers eight Professional Development Certificate courses, which can be binged, enabling learners to knock out a five-week course in just a day or two.”
The benefits of this new partnership include.
- On-Demand Classes – More than 180
- CMP & Certificate Courses – Earn credit while you watch!
- Maverick Series – Learn from the industry’s best
About Smart Meetings: Smart Meetings is the leading meetings industry publisher and voice of inspiration for meeting professionals. We inspire our audience of meeting and event professionals to dream big—and create brilliant experiences that delight attendees, achieve desired results and elevate the impact of the meetings industry. Smart Meetings publishes cutting-edge meetings content in print and digital magazines 12 times per year, hosts world-class networking events, produces CEU-accredited webinars and offers a myriad of digital resources.
About Event Leadership Institute: The Event Leadership Institute provides progressive online education, training and professional development programs for events and meeting industry professionals. With an extensive on-demand video class library (over 180 videos available and growing), as well as instructor-led professional development courses, group training, webinars and more, ELI strives to advance the industry by creating learning opportunities for industry professionals.
Director of Marketing
2020 Press Releases
2019 Press Releases
2018 Press Releases
2017 Press Releases
2016 Press Releases
2015 Press Releases
2014 Press Releases
Smart Meetings elsewhere on the Web:
– Hundreds of media outlets and journalists viewed the winner’s release and clips from the TV special “Smart Destinations: The Best of 2013.” Major media outlets such as Yahoo, Boston Globe and The Street, along many local television stations and business journals relayed the news across the web.
– “Wyndham Offers Meeting Planners Chance at One Million Rewards Points,” hotel-industry.co.uk, July 7, 2012.
– Meeting planners visit to hear Hawaii’s pitch,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, March 21, 2012.
– “Hawaii woos meeting planners with Smart Meetings event,” Pacific Business News, March 16, 2012.
– “‘Smart Event’ to Sell Hawaii Meetings and Incentives, March 18
– 20,” Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, March 16, 2012.
– “Make it Work : The Zen of Event Planning,” forbes.com, Oct. 27, 2011.
– “Smart Meetings Convenes 25% Growth,” minonline.com, Jan. 12, 2009.